Redrum wrote:
> Hey Paul;
>
> You are in good hands with Ronnie. He will answer how you could add LMS
> to one of your pi's running squeezelite. I can tell you how to do it if
> you were running picoreplayer (which can run LMS and squeezelite), but
> if you are just running sl, best for Ronnie to answer
>
> Your previous question that was not addressed. You can run LMS on just
> about anything, but, say a 3B+ or a 4B would be good choices. I have 2
> systems of LMS only, one on a 3b+, one on a 4.
>
> The problem is you can't buy them new without waiting forever, buying
> kits with alot of stuff you don't need, or paying a major premium on
> places like ebay. For example, a pi 3b+ is normally $35USD, They go for
> about $100 on ebay, and you can buy "ultimate kits" on places like
> canakit for $140.
>
> In normal times, the members here would tell you to use a 4B because the
> rescans are faster, but in these times, it might be best to find a less
> desirable pi model (cheaper) to get LMS up and running and wait for the
> world to come back to normal ( I could add "how much longer? but won't
> :)).
>
> I am not the guy to ask which of the oldies would work. You could also
> just pay the going rate. If I didn't know I could get a 3b+ for $35, for
> what it can do, I might consider $100 a great deal.
>
> Regarding the operating system, I like picoreplayer, easy to setup, and
> alot of support here. Others might prefer something else.
>
> Jim

Thanks Jim,
Yes, I had noticed that due to the worldwide chip shortage I might
struggle to get the lastest Pi.
Until this is all over, I might have to stick with rebooting my Odroid
server as at least it works most of the time.
I imagine Picoreplayer is my optimum solution but I'll wait to see what
advice I'm given.
Cheers
Paul