Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
On tor, 2008-05-08 at 15:44 +1200, Amos Jeffries wrote:
I want to change the config syntax a bit.
So do I. What did you have in mind?

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.7/changesets/12055.patch

Regards
Henrik

Okay. I had a very similar config style in mind.
But rolling the options into one tag. (qos_?something?, your use of 'mode' make sense) and making a 3.x-style config object for the feature.

DEFAULT: off

 qos_mode option option ...

  sibling=0xT
        - set TOS for client-link on sibling HITs.

  parent=0xT
        - set TOS on client-link on parent HITs.

  passthru-on-miss
- on MISS requests pass QoS setting received from web server straight through.

  store-on-miss
- somehow (as yet undetermined, store the QoS settings received with the object in cache, and pass those out on future HITs, unless overridden by sibling= and parent= options.

Keeping the MISS logics because they may be needed. Os may be fixed in a non-odd way later. We still have TPROXY kernel patches required for some people after all.

I'll roll out of 3.0 with tomorrows maintenance since I'm outvoted.

Amos