Alex Rousskov wrote:
We can, but ignoring Vary requires more/different work than adding
another refresh_pattern option. Vary is not a refresh mechanism so
different code areas need to be modified to ignore (but still forward!)
Vary.
----
   I can't say for certain, but I'd give it a 75% shot of it being
used as a forced-refresh pattern because more browser-agents (as well
as caching solutions) are ignoring other refresh options to not have
to download unchanging content.
   Much of google's "ssl-everywhere", IMO, is all about disabling
the ability to have common caches for multiple users so they can
track the multiple downloads and the users.