I am sending this to both lists, because I don't really know which part
is having the problem.  

I am using cyrus-imap and the cyrus-imap-sql addin along with
squirrelmail on a CentOS-4 machine.  I also have postfix on the machine.
All of this is configured to talk to a mysql database for virtual
domains.  I have successfully authenticated using both IMAP and SMTP so
I believe that functionality is working correctly.

If I run the commands:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# testsaslauthd -u [EMAIL PROTECTED] -p ******
0: OK "Success."
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]#

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# testsaslauthd -u [EMAIL PROTECTED] -p ****** -s
smtp
0: OK "Success."
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]#

I can use postfixadmin to see the information about the people in the
database as well.

The only piece that I have left is getting squirrelmail to work.  When I
attempt to login to it I get the following in /var/log/messages:
<sorry about the line wraps>

Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: pam_sm_authenticate called.
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: dbuser changed.
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: dbpasswd changed.
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: host changed.
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: database changed.
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: table changed.
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: usercolumn changed.
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: passwdcolumn changed.
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: crypt changed.
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: db_connect  called.
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: returning 0 .
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: db_checkpasswd called.
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: pam_mysql: where clause =
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: SELECT password FROM mailbox
WHERE username='miroslav'
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: pam_mysql: select returned
more than one result
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: returning 7 after
db_checkpasswd.
Apr 13 22:13:38 Metroplex saslauthd[21470]: do_auth         : auth
failure: [user=miroslav] [service=imap] [realm=studio11.com] [mech=pam]
[reason=PAM auth error]

The reason that it seems to fail to me is that it is only doing a search
for miroslav and not [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It is like either squirrelmail isn't passing the information to SASL or
SASL isn't using it.  I don't understand why either because everywhere
that I have a SASL command (i.e. smtpd.conf or imapd.conf) I have:

sasl_sql_select: SELECT password FROM mailbox WHERE userid = '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

So the best I can figure is that SASL isn't using this line, because if
it was and squirrelmail just wasn't giving it the domain the search
should still look like 'miroslav@' and not just 'miroslav'.

I would appreciate any help you can give me though, because I have
search the machine over for any files that are just searching for the
username by its self and I cannot find them.

-- 
Brent Norris (http://brentnorris.net)
Assistant Technology Coordinator, Edmonson County Schools



-------------------------------------------------------
SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide
Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users.
Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now.
http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click
--
squirrelmail-users mailing list
Posting Guidelines: 
http://squirrelmail.org/wiki/wiki.php?MailingListPostingGuidelines
List Address: [email protected]
List Archives: 
http://news.gmane.org/thread.php?group=gmane.mail.squirrelmail.user
List Archives:  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=2995
List Info: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/squirrelmail-users

Reply via email to