Somehow I replied wong - omt

  On 09/09/2010 08:58 AM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
>  On 9/7/2010 12:27 PM, chuck wrote:
>>    I have a new client and I'm building him a web page and pointing his
>> domain name to my server - that's done and life is 98% good.  To this
>> point he has only had email, MS Outlook Webaccess.  All of his past
>> emails, address book etc. are on that server (I'm guessing a cbeyond
>> server).
>>
>> I need to know how to extract everything and move him over to my server
>> using Squirrelmail.
>
> You are mixing up Squirrelmail being a mail client which has nothing
> to do with a server migration.
>
> Likely what you should do is configure the IMAP service on the
> exchange server.
The only access to the exchange server I have is http
webmail.cbyondonline.net/owa/#  then login/pw

> Then setup a client such as Thunderbird, Outlook, Outlook Express,
> etc. and configure the client to have the IMAP account for the new and
> old server.
If I'm reading you right ... on my server create an account pierre, make
the servername
webmail.cbyondonline.net/owa/# (think that's going to be wrong) The user
name would be pie...@hisdomain.com and I should be prompted for the pw -
doesn't happen.  He has 16 pages of 25 saved messages.

I just tried telnet 110 - Conn. refused.
and changed my Thunderbird to 143 for his account - error.

> Make sure you have subscribed to all the folders.
>
> Then drag email from one server to the other.
>
> Depending on the amount of email, the speed of the connections to the
> servers and the number of users, you could be in for a lot of work.
>
> Regards,
> KAM

List info (subscribe/unsubscribe/change options):