Hi,
On my setup, no matter if I go to mail.domain1.com and type in just user and
then password it brings up one account. If i go to the same domain and type
[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the associated password, it brings up my mail from the
other domain. Mind you, I am running vpopmail.  I am not sure if that makes
a difference or not.

If i may ask here, would you know how to get qmail to work with badmailfrom
so I can stop mail coming in from unwanted domains that constantly spam,
like hotmail?

I have @hotmail.com and others but the mail gets in anyway.

Thanks and I hope my lines above help.

Lanny

Sam Varshavchik writes:

> Alex Kirk writes:
>

>> What I'm trying to do, specifically, is this:
>>
>> 1. Have domain.com remain as it currently is: I login with my system
>> username and password, and my e-mail address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> 2. Have domain2.com work so that I log in as [EMAIL PROTECTED], using
>> system passwords. For cases where the same user exists on both domains,
>> the password should be identical.
>> 3. All e-mail should be separate; i.e., [EMAIL PROTECTED] should see
>> separate mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> Is that possible?
>
> No.  Each distinct mail account has its own distinct password.  Of course,
> different mail accounts may have the same actual password, but they are
> still distinct entities.
>
> As far as setting up the mail accounts go - this can be done in a number
> of different ways, depending on each individual system configuration.  As
> far as sqwebmail is concerned, a login ID is just a means to identify
> where the primary maildir for that mail accounts exists.  The login ID can
> be translated to the maildir path by any one of half a dozen different
> ways - by looking up the login ID in the system password file, and using
> $HOME/Maildir, or by looking up the login ID in an LDAP or a MySQL server,
> etc...  Ditto for passwords.  There is no substantive difference between
> 'user' and 'user@domain'.  Both are just arbitrary login IDs whose mail
> can be found somewhere in the filesystem.  How to configure so that a
> certain login ID points to a certain maildir path is discussed, in detail,
> in INSTALL and several other documentation files.
>

> --
> Sam

Lanny Baron
http://www.FreeBSDsystems.com