On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 05:08:58PM +0200, Markus Friedl wrote:
> > SSH 2.0.12 scp2 wont talk to OpenSSH scp
>
> scp2 can talk to openssh if you enable sftp-server in your sshd_config
>
> Subsystem       sftp            /path/to/sftp-server

Marcus ...

Thanks.  That line is present in my config.  And, in fact, scp2 works,
after a fashion.  My problem is that it falls back to protocol 1 in
order to do so.  And I have not been able to work around the problem,
including trying various options (e.g. -o "Protocol 2").

sftp does appear (from the debug output) to talk Protocol 2 successfully,
but using sftp would require adjusting various other processes.

Bryan