Susan,
  I would like a copy of the file please!! 
Please send it to tgriner1(at) juno (dot) com 


Terry Griner
Waiting for the rain to stop on July 3rd in Columbus Ohio

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Parker
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2006 6:20 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [SSLiveSteam] Cricket

Dear All,

I was recently successful in tracking down an original copy of the 1896
Engineering News and now have high resolution scans of the line drawings
and more important of a builders photograph from the article on the
Byers industrial locomotive that the Cricket is based on.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

The 6000x4700 picture is a 2.4MB JPG

The 5700x6800 gray scale drawing is a 374KB GIF

I also have made small 800 pixel wide versions of the above.

Maybe I have missed it but I have never seen the photograph before, the
only illustration being the line cut advertisement from January 1896
(which unfortunately was not present in the bound volume - Jan to June).

The picture is the classic 3/4 front view and is of the prototype as it
differs a little in some details to the drawings (the text refers to
this "The front and back cross frames have been changed somewhat from
the form shown in the photograph, but...").

I have also started on a set of CAD drawings for a reasonably accurate
model in a larger scale and a two cylinder wobbler for O gauge (which I
started with the information from the geared loco web site).

For a little industrial locomotive I find it strangely attractive.

Best wishes,
Susan.





_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected] Cancel subscription:
http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html


"This e-mail is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient and may 
contain privileged, sensitive, or protected health information. If you are 
not the intended recipient, be advised that the unauthorized use, disclosure, 
copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this
communication is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, 
please notify the sender via telephone or return e-mail and immediately
delete this e-mail."

_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to