Hi Susan....

I would love to have the high resolution photos and drawings
of the Byers Cricket! What do I need to do? Will you send them
as e-mail attachments, or on a CD, or......???

Thanks!

Ron Brown
e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]



On Jul 2, 2006, at 6:20 PM, Susan Parker wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I was recently successful in tracking down an original copy of the  
> 1896
> Engineering News and now have high resolution scans of the line  
> drawings
> and more important of a builders photograph from the article on the
> Byers industrial locomotive that the Cricket is based on.
>
> If anyone is interested please let me know.
>
> The 6000x4700 picture is a 2.4MB JPG
>
> The 5700x6800 gray scale drawing is a 374KB GIF
>
> I also have made small 800 pixel wide versions of the above.
>
> Maybe I have missed it but I have never seen the photograph before,  
> the
> only illustration being the line cut advertisement from January 1896
> (which unfortunately was not present in the bound volume - Jan to  
> June).
>
> The picture is the classic 3/4 front view and is of the prototype  
> as it
> differs a little in some details to the drawings (the text refers to
> this "The front and back cross frames have been changed somewhat from
> the form shown in the photograph, but...").
>
> I have also started on a set of CAD drawings for a reasonably accurate
> model in a larger scale and a two cylinder wobbler for O gauge  
> (which I
> started with the information from the geared loco web site).
>
> For a little industrial locomotive I find it strangely attractive.
>
> Best wishes,
> Susan.
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> SSLiveSteam mailing list
> Send messages: [email protected]
> Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/ 
> sslivesteam
> Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to