Dear All,

Um, at this rate I am actually going to have to build something!

>> Some additional information and basic drawings now added to my Byers web 
>> page.
>>
>> http://www.susan-parker.co.uk/susan-byers-industrial-locomotive-project.htm
> 
> Hi Susan, Many thanks for the update.  Any chance of a CAD for 1:20.3, 
> the 'correct' scale for a 3 footer on 45mm?
> 
> Best
> Sam E

Hi Sam,

Okay, a Gauge 1 + Gauge 3 version now up.

This looks a nice size, not too many 49/1024ths etc.

> ------------------------------
> 
> Thanks so much Susan! When you started the CAD drawings, did you start
> with the frame dimensions, or the cylinders?
> 
> Terry Griner

Hi Terry,

To date I have used TurboCAD (when I started this project in August 2003 
it was version 9, now I am on version 12) and the program can import 
images as backgrounds that one can then draw on top of. I used the low 
resolution GIF files from the geared steam website.

Now that I have the better drawings and the picture I will probably 
restart from scratch and make anew as a fully parametric 3D drawing from 
the get-go with Alibre Pro which has sheet metal facilities.

All this takes time however and there is much to be said for just 
heading up to my workshop and actually trying to make something from 
what I already have, rather than just making fancy pictures!

Best wishes,
Susan.
_______________________________________________
SSLiveSteam mailing list
Send messages: [email protected]
Cancel subscription: http://postfix.45mm.com/mailman/listinfo/sslivesteam
Rules: http://www.45mm.com/sslivesteam_guide.html

Reply via email to