On 11/13/2017 05:43 PM, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Pavel Březina <pbrez...@redhat.com> wrote:
Hello,

It took me a lot longer than I expected but here it is at last. This is my
set of scripts that use vagrant and Ansible to automatically provision
virtual environment that I use to develop and test SSSD.

To create this environment you only need to run one command:
$ ./setup.sh

and after a while you have several machines provisioned and ready. This
machines include LDAP, IPA and AD servers with one machine dedicated to
SSSD. This machine is already enrolled to those servers.

To start building and/or testing SSSD with all available providers, you can
just run:
$ vagrant ssh client

Additionally, it allows you to automatically source your set of scripts on
each login and access IPA web-ui from your browser.

I tried to make the provisioning as fast as possible but it still takes
approximately one hour on my machine. So be patient.

Any ideas and patches for improvements are welcomed.

The source is available at:
https://github.com/pbrezina/sssd-test-suite

Okay, I've found some small issues related to the readme and some few
annoyances while trying to run the scripts.

For the former, I'll open some PRs. For the latter, it's worth to
discuss what's your preference/understand better the requirements:

1) Why do have to run the script as root? AFAIU there's some way to
escalate privileges when running an Ansible script (example, running
sudo whenever it's needed). Is that something desired?

Scripts do not require root privileges, Ansible will use sudo when needed. But libvirt does, so everytime you run vagrant you have to provide root password, unless you change it through policy kit.

Given the fact that the primary use case is for developers I didn't spend time on making this configurable and ansible will create a polkit rule to always allow access.

2) Restarting NetworkManager is quite intrusive, mainly without any
kind of warning.

Please, send a PR for readme, I'll see if there can be any prompt by Ansible.

3) Why do we need Vagrant 2.0 as the minimum version?

Communications with Windows machine require WinRM protocol which, as I understood, is not yet handled by older vagrant versions. Vagrant 2 was recommended by the windows boxes creator.

Maybe it will work with lower version, I did not test it.

4) The guide was written for Fedora systems ... what's the reason to
choose Fedora over CentOS?

I run Fedora on my machine, did not test it on other systems.

It will take a long time to download all the vagrant images, but I'll
get back here with the feedback as soon as this process is over.

I hope it will work. Each time I though I'm finished, some other problem has appeared. But this version got stable on my machine.

Amazing initiative! Thanks a lot, Pavel!

Thank you.