On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Greg KH <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 08:26:22AM +0800, [email protected] wrote:
>>
>> This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled
>>
>>     mtd: return badblockbits back
>>
>> to the 2.6.33-longterm tree which can be found at:
>>     
>> http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/longterm/longterm-queue-2.6.33.git;a=summary
>
> And I've dropped it as it causes the following build error:
> drivers/mtd/nand/nand_base.c: In function ‘nand_get_flash_type’:
> drivers/mtd/nand/nand_base.c:2704:6: error: ‘struct nand_chip’ has no member 
> named ‘badblockbits’

I believe the regression for which this patch was written appears in
the following mainline major revision numbers:
2.6.36
2.6.37
2.6.38
2.6.39

Right now, I see that the fix ("mtd: return badblockbits back") has
been applied to the 2.6.38-stable and 2.6.39-stable trees, but it
probably should be applied to 2.6.37-stable and 2.6.36-stable as well.
It definitely should *not* be applied to 2.6.35 or earlier (as you
found it with the build error).

Thanks,
Brian

_______________________________________________
stable mailing list
[email protected]
http://linux.kernel.org/mailman/listinfo/stable

Reply via email to