Hi all,

I was looking at an issue on an XMPP project recently where someone
asked for support for XEP-0136: Message Archiving. As far as I know,
0136 isn't really used anywhere anymore, and most everyone has
switched over to MAM. Having both XEPs seems like it's just confusing
people. I understand that Message Archiving is draft, and MAM is still
experimental (and that there are probably still outstanding changes
that need to be made), but can we deprecate Message Archiving and
piont people to MAM instead for the sake of reducing confusion?

It seems poor to recommend Message Archiving (by virtue of it being
draft) when most individuals would recommend MAM, and the entire
community is using it. I don't see a problem with deprecating Message
Archiving while leaving MAM in the experimental state.

Thoughts?

—Sam

--
Sam Whited