Here is a link to the rendered version:
https://geekplace.eu/xeps/xep-jet/xep-jet.html

Greetings vv


Am 06.09.2017 um 18:46 schrieb Paul Schaub:
>
> Hello everyone!
>
> To get back to topic: I made some changes based on your feedback.
> Basically my plan is to split JET up into a main XEP and some
> subprotocols.
>
> As Daniel suggested, JET will only contain reusable stuff and has no
> more mentions of OMEMO and OX. Instead I used "stub" encryption
> methods (like it is done with transports in XEP-0166 for example).
>
> Clients now have to cache the TS until the end of the Jingle session.
> I'm not sure, whether this is long enough to (for example) resume
> interrupted file transfers, but since JET is designed to be used not
> only with file transfer, I found this a reasonable decision.
>
> There is a new section about ranged transfers. This also covers how
> resumed file transfers are handled.
>
> Last but not least there is now a section about how to determine
> support. I'm not quite sure, if I got the wording right on the "stub"
> encryption method. Please let me know, if you know how to improve that :)
>
> The next days I will start working on JET-OMEMO. Maybe Daniel knows a
> good way to encrypt TS rather than treating it as a message body?
> Also, if someone wants to get involved and think about a proper JET-OX
> specification, please feel free to leave me feedback and suggestions!
>
> My changes can be found here:
> https://github.com/vanitasvitae/xsf-xeps/blob/jet/inbox/jet.xml A
> rendered version follows soon.
>
> I'm not sure, whether I should open a new PR at this stage. Any
> thoughts on that?
>
> Greetings vv
>
> Am 01.09.2017 um 11:38 schrieb Jonas Wielicki:
>> On Freitag, 1. September 2017 11:19:29 CEST Daniel Gultsch wrote:
>>> What you are describing as incubating can be experimental. But in that case
>>> we need to bump XEPs to draft sooner 
>> What about lowering the deferral period to 6 months instead of 12? Would 
>> that 
>> help to encourage movement to Draft?
>>
>>> In any case 'experimental' should not be a mix of XEPs that can't actually
>>> be implemented (PAM, JET) and XEPs that are working good enough and are
>>> actually widely implemented (like MAM)
>> +1. This is also a good thing for PR reasons I think.
>>
>> kind regards,
>> Jonas
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Standards mailing list
>> Info: https://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/standards
>> Unsubscribe: [email protected]
>> _______________________________________________
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Standards mailing list
> Info: https://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/standards
> Unsubscribe: [email protected]
> _______________________________________________

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

_______________________________________________
Standards mailing list
Info: https://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/standards
Unsubscribe: [email protected]
_______________________________________________

Reply via email to