On 19 November 2017 at 16:54, Konstantin Kozlov <yag...@yandex.ru> wrote:
> The main problem I see so far is inability to determine for which dates
> message archive is available without reading the whole archive.
> Author of Vacuum IM (which is an upstream of my client) tried to implement
> XEP-0313 instead of XEP-0136, but gave up because of lack of such
> functionality.

I don't think that makes the XEP "too raw", as you wrote in your
previous email. I think this functionality is out of the scope of
XEP-0313. There is no reason it could not be done in an additional XEP
though, as a different kind of operation on the same archive.

> Vacuum IM has very convenient interface to manage history and he don't want
> to break it.

Well, XEP-0313 intentionally does not try to replicate all the
features of XEP-0136. If XEP-0136 is better suited, then it still
exists for those use-cases.

Regards,
Matthew