Hi,

I find the whole passage „Discovering Capabilities“ of Serverless Messaging [1]
a bit confusing.

1. Why can’t the receiving entity include its Entity Caps as stream feature as
described in [2].

2. I can see the slight optimization of including disco#info data as stream
feature (similar as with including Entity Caps), but the reasoning here is
far-fetched: "full stream negotiation already can require a large number of
packets“.
(a) Stream negotiation should already be less expensive than in a real
client-to-server session and
(b) I can’t imagine that a single additional IQ-get request for disco#info
would have a performance impact in a serverless messaging environment or would
justify the additional implementation complexity:

3. disco#info as stream feature adds unnecessary burden to developers, which
must now:
- Deal with Entity Caps in TXT records (publish and read Entity Caps to/from
another source)
- Check stream features not only for Entity Caps, but also for disco#info.
(otherwise we could simply reuse existing logic from [2])

Am I missing something here?
What are your thoughts about it?
Can the section be updated although the specification is final?

— Christian

[1]: https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0174.html#caps
[2]: https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0115.html#stream