On Dienstag, 9. März 2021 21:54:37 CET Florian Schmaus wrote:
> On 3/9/21 9:11 PM, Jonas Schäfer (XSF Editor) wrote:
> > The XMPP Extensions Editor has received a proposal for a new XEP.
> >
> > Title: Content Rating Labels
> > Abstract:
> > This specification provides a wire format in the form of a Service
> > Discovery extension to allow services of various kinds to publish
> > information about the kind of content they allow and/or endorse on
> > their platform.

> Thanks for the ProtoXEP submission.
>
> FWIW I find it strange that we put a ProtoXEP up for a vote that has not
> filled all required sections. I know we have been lax about this
> regarding the "XML Schema" section of experimental XEPs, and I think
> this is perfectly fine and understandable. But I like to see every
> ProtoXEP have a filled-out "Security Considerations" section, as this
> demonstrates that the authors have, at least briefly, thought about
> security. XEP-0001 § 12 has some good advice on that section.

I agree with you on all points, in general.

I did specifically not fill in some sections (such as Security Considerations)
because I wasn’t sure about them yet. I thought it would be worthwhile to
develop this section under the XSF IPR because frankly I’m sure I cannot cover
it completely.

> For the "IANA Considerations" sections, it is often enough to write
>
>    This document requires no interaction with the Internet Assigned
>    Numbers Authority (IANA)
>
> if applicable.

Yep, I should’ve just C&Pd that one.

> And even though the XSF registrar position appears to be more or less
> vacant at the moment, it would be nice to have the according namespace
> and FORM_FIELD registration in the "XMPP Registrar Considerations" section.

Also true, I admit I was just lazy here.

There’s also (as an author) a trade-off to be made about how much attention to
these "formal" sections to pay before even knowing whether it will be worth
the effort ;).

Now I’d still like to hear comments about the contents of the thing itself,
though.

kind regards,
Jonas