What is really needed is a hook to allow the application to translate the
forward page name as it sees fit. We have a system which changes the page
name depending on the browser platform which is heirachical eg:

default html
  +-- html for ipac size screens
default wml
  +-- specific wml for nokia
  +-- wml for large screens

the decision tree is loaded in from an XML at the start of the app. When
forwarding to a page, it checks for the most specific version of the file
(say wml for large screens), if that doesn't exist it will look for its
parent, and so on. (all cached as well so it doesnt need to check again)

so really want an interface which exposes a function which takes the input
filename, the request and the servlet object (to get at the app file
system).

that same interface could be used for Yunfeng's problem too.

Regards
Ned