From: Assenza, Chris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 3:34 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Barracuda vs. Struts (request for review)

I haven't read it all yet (and would like to - Barracuda looks intriguing),
but:

"Barracuda definitely aims at the Java Developer end of the spectrum (with
the idea that tools integration will ultimately bridge the gap to less
sophisticated Page Author types)."

"Unlike Barracuda, Struts is aimed squarely at the Page Author types"

"Less sophisticated" sounds really arrogant, demeaning and is clearly biased
- and that's not even the meat of the presentation. :p

Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended nor do I think anyone should be, but
that tone so early on changed my perception almost instantaneously.  There
are better ways to say what you are trying to communicate IMO, and little
phrases like that really do count.

Best,

-Chris

Christopher Assenza
Phone:  412.201.6026
Fax:     412.201.6060
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ACCESSDATA
Moving Your Business from Point A to Point e.SM
http://www.accessdc.com/