This is more a question for the Tomcat list, but since it came up below,
what is the best practice for including needed libraries and
implementations (such as crimson.jar & jaxp.jar) in Catalina?  While Ian's
suggestion below moves these from /jasper to /lib, I found the struts
example also works in B7 by putting jaxp and crimson in /common/lib and
leaving them in jasper.   Can someone point me to where I can discern the
differences between the different lib directories in Catalina?

This has no doubt come up before, sorry for repetition.

-Craig

                    "Ian Kallen

                    <iank@covalent       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    .net>" <iank         cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED], (bcc:
Craig
                                          Reichenbach/CAM/Lotus)

                    08/30/2001           Subject:     Re: Tomcat 4.0b7 and
struts-example webapp
                    03:00 PM

                    Please respond

                    to struts-user

Thanks!  For the record,
mv $CATALINA_HOME/jasper/crimson.jar $CATALINA_HOME/lib/crimson.jar
mv $CATALINA_HOME/jasper/jaxp.jar $CATALINA_HOME/lib/jaxp.jar
seems to have fixed it!
-Ian

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> > Does this mean that TC 4.0b7's web.xml parsing is not backwards
> > compatible to the older webapp format?  This sounds like a bug, not a
> > feature.  I'm using a webapp that just "runs" dropped into a TC 3.2.x
> > installation straight out of the struts distribution.
>
> I tried it, and the error is confusing. Actually, the problem is caused
> because there's no XML parser (which is only mentioned in the logs).
>
> After I add one, the app works fine, and the messages are displayed
> correctly (so the properties file gets correctly loaded).
>
> Remy

cheers,
-Ian

--
Ian Kallen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | AIM: iankallen