Hmmm,

I read everyone's posts, and they are somewhat inspiring.  I'd like to see
examples of using Xalan to get my struts message bundle, or other messag
bundles.  I'm sure I could spend an hour and figure this out, but if anyone has
ready examples, links, send them my way!

XForms - I'm excited about these, but I think it'll be awhile before the
browser's support them.

#3 is probably from my own experience.  I spent a week trying to develop a
XML/XSL framework using JSPs to emit XML, XSL and the JSTL to do the
transformation.  My JSPs became very small and nice, but it seemed I was
spending a lot of time writing the XSL and trying to get it to work properly.
I've had a lot of experience with writing HTML and JSPs, and so I bagged the
whole idea and recommended we just use JSP/HTML with Tiles and CSS.  I know
that my client will get more value from my time with this approach.

The reason my client wanted to use XML/XSL was to easily adapt the UI for other
devices.  I think this is a great reason, but it almost seems simpler to me to
separate my HTML client from my WAP client and develop entirely new JSPs for
the WAP client.

Of course, working with a limited budget and a small development team (1) -
there's not much time for learning curve.

Matt