What do you mean by invoking the ActionServlet?  I put it in the web.xml and
my <html:form> action looks like this

Also, what do you mean when you say that trying to pull up the JSP in the
browser directly won't work?  How am I supposed to do it?  Is there a right
way to do it?

Thanks for helping me out.

this is my web.xml

<web-app>
<servlet>

        <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>

        <init-param>
                 <param-name>application</param-name>

<param-value>com.walmart.telecomorder.formbeans.ApplicationResources</param-
value>
         </init-param>
        <init-param>
                <param-name>config</param-name>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
                <param-name>validate</param-name>
                <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>

        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>

        <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
        </servlet-mapping>

        <welcome-file-list>

                <welcome-file>logon.jsp</welcome-file>
        </welcome-file-list>

        <taglib>

                <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld</taglib-uri>
                <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld</taglib-location>
        </taglib>

        <taglib>

                <taglib-uri>/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld</taglib-uri>
                <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/struts-bean.tld</taglib-location>
        </taglib>

</web-app>

Jose Casas

E-Commerce Applications