Doesn't Struts already support JSP 1.2 packaged tag libraries? For 1.0.2, the
following are contained in MEATA-INF/tlds:

struts-bean.tld
struts-form.tld
struts-html.tld
struts-logic.tld
struts-template.tld

The taglib elements in those TLD files contain uri elements, so I simpy use
something like this in my JSPs:

<%@ taglib prefix="bean" uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-bean-1.0.2";
%>

and I don't have to worry about pulling the TLD files out of the JAR or adding
taglib elements to web.xml. I'm pretty sure it's the same for 1.1b2, except for
a change to the value of the uri element. Maybe I missed the intent of the
question...

D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>