I don't have any documentation but the only Struts taglibs I use are html
and tiles.  I replaced my usage of the bean tags with the <fmt:message>
tag and the Struts logic tags are all replaced with a combination of the
<c:if> and <c:forEach> tags plus the expression language.

The JSPs are remarkably easy to maintain and debug using this strategy
because there aren't any scriptlets or complicated business logic in them.

David