I agree with David.  Originally we were using Netbeans, but quickly dropped
it due to stability issues (java.lang.Exceptions right in the middle of
editing a file, for example.)  We switched over to Eclipse 1.0; this version
had some odd behaviour at times, but didn't crash like Netbeans.  Version 2
and now 2.1 of Eclipse is super stable; I'm often on it for 8 or 10 hours a
day, and have never had a crash.  Boot time is much faster than version 1.
I'm not sure about the refresh time - do you mean you are running your Ant
build script every time?  We don't use the built-in Ant support (actually
don't use Ant at all), but the compile time when we modify a resource is
blindly fast.  I've never had to wait on a project re-build - never.

+1 for Eclipse.

Jerry Jalenak
Team Lead, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the
transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this
transmission in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at the following email
address: [EMAIL PROTECTED]