On 10/28/2003 10:16 AM Keld Hansen wrote:
Great Adam, I really appreciate your info. BTW: I saw in the
struts-dev newsgroup that there are some discussions about how to get
rid of ActionErrors, and apparantly it's not crystal clear what will
happen. Anyway I didn't find useful information about the Validator.
 I've given up experimenting, and must -- until new ideas pop up --
stick to the old ActionErrors class. [I don't like the name of the
class--it's supposed to hold any type of message - right? :-) ] /Keld

I am using DynaValidator - but I can't imagine that it would cause this difference.

Actually I've just discovered that there are pages in my app where
the validator messages are not showing up - but there are pages,
e.g. the one I checked yesterday before I answered your question,
where the validator messages do turn up.

I'll see what on earth is going on & let you know.

Hi Keld,
I just discovered that I was in fact not showing any of my validator errors. It just goes to show that having javascript validation enabled means I had assumed it was working fine for x weeks - but anyway, I worked out I needed this taglib to show them:

          message="false"
           header="errors.header"
           footer="errors.footer">
  <c:out value="${validatorMsgs}" />

Since I'm using Tiles though I only had to add this in one place and now it's fine again. (Guess I can turn javascript back on in my browser...)

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9