On 11/07/2003 09:13 PM Yansheng Lin wrote:
That's not the point.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Mitchell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: November 7, 2003 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: [FRIDAY] Why people want to know who read their msg?

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Yansheng Lin wrote:

It's pissing me off when my Outlook asks me if I went to send a notification
message.

Actually I know what you mean and I find it slightly annoying having to hit "tab - return" to get rid of the confirm dialog box, and the problem is that I cannot turn off the configuration option because that turns it off for the whole application and I need it set 'on' for my personal email account, but 'off' for my list accounts like this one.

I wonder if anyone on the Jakarta admin team could set the mailing list software to strip the 'request-confirmation' email header from the mails it sends out? As Yinsheng says, there is no point in them.

Adam

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.12 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9