We are trying to perform some complex form validaion with the new Validator plugin.
Here is what we are trying to do:

1 -- validate a form field based on other form fields
2 -- validate a form field based on div style settings

I know that I could solve the first problem with the old validation architecture, but
is there a way to do that through the validator.xml?  I'm not sure about the second
problem.  The code looks something like this

    //my form element here

So is it possible to only validate the form element above only if the enclosing div
display is block?  I've looked, but couldn't find anything explaining how to go about
this.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

George