"nicolas De Loof" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I've built Struts 1.2.0 from the sources package uising maven 1.0RC1
> without trouble.
>
> When I run "maven site", the generated m-target/docs has no "index.html"
> and "faqs", "proposals", "tiles" and "userGuide" are empty directory. Is
> this a known build problem (waiting for update for an *official* release)
?

As Joe has already mentioned, the use of Maven to build various parts of
Struts is an ongoing activity. All of the builds you see distributed from
Jakarta (nightly, release, and this test build) are still built using Ant.

Given that Maven still hasn't reached an official 1.0 release in almost 3
years of development, and given how stable and well-developed the Struts Ant
build system is (it's just as capable as Maven of building the entire
release, including docs, by issuing one command to a shell), I'm personally
in no great rush to switch. ;-)

That said, there are some intrepid Maven fans who are working on getting the
Maven build for Struts to the same point as the Ant build system, so don't
be surprised to see the issues you mention taken to heart and addressed
before an official release of Maven!

--
Martin Cooper