Hello,

I'm trying to show Japanese characters on my jsp pages however the "&" character of the charset is coming back as & which is preventing the characters from being displayed correctly. They look like: キカスハ

Note, the bean:write tag renders the characters correctly when the filter attribute is set to "false".

I've got a struts application using both Tomcat and Jrun and I've set my controller element of the struts-config.xml as:

<controller contentType="text/html; charset=JISAutoDetect"/>

and at the top of a tiles.jsp that's at the head of every page I've got a:

<%@ page contentType="html/text; charset=JISAutoDetect" %>

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=JISAutoDetect" %>

..... to set the encoding.

My hunch is that this is something that Struts is doing to the in the RequestProcessor or Controller.
Could/should I write a Filter to override this issue?

Is this something I chould set in a .css called in the tiles.jsp?

Any help is much appreciated.

Carlo Latasa -