Hi rinkie,

You can use a button instead. call the _javascript_ method on the onclick event of the button. donot use submit use a button.

Brati Sankar Ghosh
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website: http://www.tcs.com

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

03/23/2004 03:10 PM

Please respond to
"Struts Users Mailing List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc
Subject
"are you sure?"

Hi list,

Still a struts newbie, I try to write an "are you sure" _javascript_
confirmation box for my submit button.

The question is: how can I prevent the form from being submitted
when the user clicks "no"?

In the Jsp, I put the following code in the head:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="_javascript_">
  function areyousure(){
     var agree = false;
     agree = confirm("are you sure?");
     if(agree){
        ... some code which is not important
     }
     return agree;
  }
</SCRIPT>

And the form tag looks like this:

     type="nl.rinke.DateForm"

Whatever the user clicks, yes or no, the form
gets submitted. I want to stop submitting the
form when the user click "no".

thanks, Rinke

ForwardSourceID:NT00002C0E
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this message is intended only and solely for
the addressed individual or entity indicated in this message and for the exclusive use
of the said addressed individual or entity indicated in this message (or responsible
for delivery
of the message to such person) and may contain legally privileged and confidential
information belonging to Tata Consultancy Services. It must not be printed, read,
copied, disclosed, forwarded, distributed or used (in whatsoever manner) by any person
other than the addressee.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited and may constitute
unlawful act and can possibly attract legal action, civil and/or criminal. The
contents of this message need not necessarily reflect or endorse the views of Tata
Consultancy Services on any subject matter.
Any action taken or omitted to be taken based on this message is entirely at your risk
and neither the originator of this message nor Tata Consultancy Services takes any
responsibility or liability towards the same. Opinions, conclusions and any other
information contained in this message
that do not relate to the official business of Tata Consultancy Services shall be
understood as neither given nor endorsed by Tata Consultancy Services or any affiliate
of Tata Consultancy Services. If you have received this message in error, you should
destroy this message and may please notify the sender by e-mail. Thank you.