we tried to use this (form.onsumbit="return f()") but encountered a problem:
if JavaScript is disabled in browser the submiting goes on without
confirmation dialogue and other stuff done by JS (wich in our case was
more important).

We solved this by setting input.type="button" instead of "submit" and
submitting the form from JacaScript. But this caused another problem
(though less important): now user can not submit form pressing "Enter"
being at text input, he must click the button.

Dima.

--
Best regards,
 Dmitrii                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]