Below, my first try with the cloud storage.

On 18-06-15 04:28, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
I've seen five of you have tested the cloud storage so far - thanks for doing that. If you run into any problem, please post about them - I fixed a few more bugs, saving to the cloud storage should work more reliably now. And for a number of "interesting" reasons I got to test the account creation a couple more times so
that should work quite well by now as well.

On my desktop machine. I use (for a long time already) the local git store as my primary data store for ssrf. Today, I filled the preferences for the cloud store and received the PIN correctly, and activated the cloud store (apparently) successfully. Did "save to cloud" and after that "open cloud". The cloud seems to be populated with my divelog. That is, restarting ssrf, open cloud manually (did not default to cloud open), and the correct divelog shows.

However. The https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/user/<myemailadress>/dives.html <https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/user/%3Cemail-address%3E/dives.html> reports (after logging in with correct credentials) a 404.

Further, started on a second notebook from scratch. So no local log data, not even a ssrf installation. Installed the latest master (build myself), and ran ssrf. Started setting cloud preferences. Authenticated correctly. No PIN (as expected, because logging in with already activated credentials). Open cloud, and the log shows, so pulled data from the cloud. I see numerous issues on the notebook after opening the cloud (and at this point unclear to me whether is is related to the cloud store (or the location management for example)): - 1 specific divesite is missing. Apparently, there is some data corruption, that does not show on the desktop, but does show on the notebook.
- The location list is not filled.
- a save to cloud results in error "No user name in git repo, creating commit failed".

In addition. commit 7cf3ebc2f7b6 seems to introduce a SIGSEGV: strcmp(existing_filename, remote) aborts for remote=0

Both desktop and notebook are running Arch Linux.

best,

--jan