Hi,

> On 14. Apr 2018, at 11:36, tormento <turm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I noticed that some of my old dives were imported with 1000g/l water.
>
> Is there any way to edit, manually or automatically the salinity of those
> ones?

it’s true that currently you cannot change the water type (was: salinity) of a
dive downloaded from a computer, you can only use the value provided by the
computer. This is a) because nobody has implemented a user interface to change
it and b) (more importantly) because the water type is not so much about how
salty the water tasted but how to convert ambient pressure (which is what the
dive computer actually measures) to depths and back. But what the computer
reports is depth and for the calculations (like SAC and the deco stuff) we
again need the ambient pressure. So this is off if the dive computer and
Subsurface do not agree on the conversion factor. So even if you were diving is
sea water and your dive computer was set to fresh water (or missing that
setting not set at all) it would still be better to log this as fresh water in
Subsurface (to get the conversions right) than to manually set that to salt
water (or we would have to correct the depths accordingly).

Best
Robert