Once again, this was written without being able to test the code as I
didn't take any dive computers (or the old phone that allows access to
/sys) with me on this business trip... based on Matt's test of an earlier
version I am, however, hopeful that this might be going in the right
direction.

Here's what I'd like people to try - even if you only have an Android
device that currently doesn't allow us to download via USB OTG! We won't
try to download, we just want to see if the automation for picking the
right vendor / product / connection is working as intended...

Download the latest test build
http://subsurface-divelog.org/downloads/test/Subsurface-mobile-4.8.1.156-arm.apk

Start Subsurface-mobile (I need to poke at this a little more in order for
it to work correctly when Subsurface-mobile gets started because you
plugged in a dive computer)

Once Subsurface-mobile is running, plug in your dive computer. Android
should ask you if you want to connect the device with Subsurface-mobile.
If it doesn't ask, I want to know more about your dive computer and cable
in order to be able to fix this. Right now I think it should ask for all
the dive computers referenced in the Subject line of this email.

Once you accept the request, Subsurface-mobile should switch to the
Download page, and depending on your specific situation, some / most / all
of the information for the three comboboxes should be filled in.

Please note which options were selected for vendor / product / connection

Now go to the About page, copy the logs and send all the information
(which dive computer, which cable, did this all work, which v/p/c was
selected when the download page opened) plus of course the logs to the
mailing list.

I'd love to see the information we can get from the various USB based OSTC
dive computers (maybe Matthias can help there?). And also for any other
dive computer that you happen to have a cable for.

Thanks, I really appreciate the help :-)

/D

PS: and now, of course, I hope I didn't mess up something stupid, everyong
tries and nothing works at all...