On Sat, Aug 11, 2018 at 06:45:42PM +0200, Anton Lundin wrote:

> Meanwhile I had a 3 year old "diver" in the bathtub next to me, I
> managed to get some time to dump out some data from a bunch of dive
> computers:

Thanks - that's super helpful.

> A suunto cable from smartinterface.de :
>
> Device Info
> Device Path: /dev/bus/usb/001/002
> Device Class: Use class information in the Interface Descriptors (0x0)
> Vendor ID:  0403
> Vendor Name (reported):  Smartinterface
> Vendor Name (from DB):  Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
> Product ID:  6001
> Product Name (reported):  USB <-> Serial Cable
> Product Name (from DB):  not found

Generic IDs and an all too generic name, so all we can do is pre-select
FTDI. Which we should already be doing.

> A Suunto Eon Steel connected over USB:
>
> Device Info
> Device Path: /dev/bus/usb/001/003
> Device Class: Use class information in the Interface Descriptors (0x0)
> Vendor ID:  1493
> Vendor Name (reported):  Suunto
> Vendor Name (from DB):  Suunto
> Product ID:  00030
> Product Name (reported):  GURU
> Product Name (from DB):  not found

That one we should detect correctly based on VID/PID

> A HW OSTC3:
>
> Device Info
> Device Path: /dev/bus/usb/001/008
> Device Class: Use class information in the Interface Descriptors (0x0)
> Vendor ID:  0403
> Vendor Name (reported):  HW
> Vendor Name (from DB):  Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
> Product ID:  6001
> Product Name (reported):  HeinrichsWeikamp OSTC3
> Product Name (from DB):  not found

That one we already detect based on name

> A HW OSTC 2N:
>
> Device Info
> Device Path: /dev/bus/usb/001/011
> Device Class: Use class information in the Interface Descriptors (0x0)
> Vendor ID:  0403
> Vendor Name (reported):  HW
> Vendor Name (from DB):  Future Technology Devices International, Ltd
> Product ID:  6001
> Product Name (reported):  HeinrichsWeikamp OSTC 2N
> Product Name (from DB):  not found

Yay, that's one of the ones I was hoping someone would report. And note,
it's "OSTC 2N" versus before it was "OSTC3" - that's why I really am
looking for people to try this out and send us the output. Otherwise we'd
never guess these correctly.

I will add this in my next push.

Again, THANKS Anton.

/D