On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 9:50 AM Dirk Hohndel <d...@hohndel.org> wrote:

> No, I doubt it's sidemount related. More likely a BLE issue.

Hmm. I just verified that my G2 connects and sends/receives over BLE
just fine. So none of the recent BLE cleanups and fixes have broken
that part.

I downloaded all the 78 dives I had on that thing, so it was

That said, the Uwatec Smart back-end (which is what does the G2) is
one of the backends that doesn't even try to do any retries. And in
fact, the Uwatec Smart protocol makes it basically impossible to do
retries: it just asks for "give me all data", rather than have some
"give me the next bit" that you could retry.

So *any* packet loss will cause the download to fail, but generally
BLE is perfectly reliable (checksums and retries at the BLE level) so
just make sure the connection is good.

But yes, having a log-file of the failure would be good. Particularly
with one of the recent versions that have the whole packet log and
timing for BLE communication. Just in case something stands out.

                   Linus