Hello,
1) when comparing two runs using --random-depart-offset 0 and 500 I see a
difference in departures that is quite obvious from the tripinfo output
(sumo --tripinfo-output FILE):
<tripinfo id="h2c1:1" depart="30655.00" .../>
versus
 <tripinfo id="h2c1:1" depart="30952.00" .../>

2) The number after the ':' denotes repeated uses of the same car
Thus, the trips
h2c1:1
h2c1:2
h2c1:3
h2c1:4
h2c1:5
correspond to the same daily trip repeating over the 5 days
A comparison of the departure times shows that activitygen already applies
a random variation:

 <trip id="h1c1:1" type="default" depart="08:10:29"
 <trip id="h1c1:2" type="default" depart="1:08:46:53"
 <trip id="h1c1:3" type="default" depart="2:08:18:23"
 <trip id="h1c1:4" type="default" depart="3:08:29:40"
 <trip id="h1c1:5" type="default" depart="4:08:01:14"

(note that the human readable time (option -H) is only supported by
activitygen in the very latest github version)

regards,
Jakob