Hi,

I have drawn a ring road following this
<https://sumo.dlr.de/docs/Tutorials/Driving_in_Circles.html> tutorial,
where gives me a circle that is not perfect (not smooth and the radius at
different position may vary a bit). I also had re-routers so that vehicles
drive for multiple rounds.

I need to compute the relative distance between vehicles. I tried the
function vehice.getdistance(). However, this will give me some errors in
calculation. For example, if vehicle A in its second round is close to
vehicle B in its third round, then the relative distance is a large value
that contains a perimeter of the ring road.

I also thought about using x,y coordinates and the angle, and convert it to
distance. However, this seems not accurate, given that my ring road is not
a perfect circle.

I am wondering if there are any good ways to compute relative distance
correctly in this case. Thanks!

Best,
Cindy