The solution for routing is to define a type that switches of the rerouting
device and the use that type for the traci-added vehicles  (
http://sumo.dlr.de/wiki/Definition_of_Vehicles,_Vehicle_Types,_and_Routes#Devices
)

    <vType id="no_rerouting">
        <param key="has.rerouting.device" value="false"/>
    </vType>

Regarding insertion:
- we know that dealing with insertion failure via TraCI is currently very
inconvenient and will address it
  - http://sumo.dlr.de/trac.wsgi/ticket/2552
  - http://sumo.dlr.de/trac.wsgi/ticket/2234
- newly-inserted vehicles that cannot fit into the network are put into an
insertion buffer
- the ID-list gives you all vehicles that are on the road or parking but
not in the insertion buffer
- you cannot add the vehicle again because it's in the buffer waiting to be
inserted.
  - one solution would be to set the option --max-depart-delay 0 which
discards vehicles immediately after insertion fails once   (however, that
affects all vehicles)
  - vehicles in the insertion buffer can be deleted (or you can just catch
the exception)

regards,
Jakob