Hi John,
I've thought about the time question as well.  On worlds with very long
rotations or where the sun is not conspicuous human settlers would probably
use the terrestrial rotation for their measure of the day.  The 24 hour
diurnal cycle has invaded human genes, so humans will likely alter their
(micro) environment to accomodate it.   (Using artificial lighting).
        The month and year as measures of time will probably recieve at least a
traditional nod.  A change in the calander would be unneccessary since any off
world agriculture wouldn't be related to seasonal variations, so it is likely
that the traditional Roman calander will be used.  However, despite this tie
to Earth time telling I'm sure that the revolution period of the colonized
world will be observed, and wildly celebrated.
Troy