drive. You have to be careful because can smash your fingers playing with them.

Jack

At 02:47 PM 2/1/2005, tony moss wrote:
John Carmichael commented;

>Anyway, I've been thinking that for some future project, that it would be
>possible to attach the gnomon to the SGS using a magnet.

Perhaps you should consider using the new 'rare earth magnets'.  These
are available in a variety of sizes but the tiny discs have phenomenal
attractive power.  A pair face to face are extremely difficult to
separate with fingers.

They are not expensive and are worth buying just to experience their
astonishing attractive force as plaything/curiosities.

http://www.rare-earth-magnets.com/  has some details but a Google search
will give lots of info.

Tony Moss.