Hi Roger, Patrick, Dave and all,

My idea was to tilt the whole sundial, gnomon, base and all.  It is as if it
were remounted at a
longitude where the local time was the same as the corrected time here.

In light of that, couldn't a wide gnomon standard horizontal dial be considered
two dials
mounted close to each other?  In that case the tilt of the dial would still
keep the two
gnomons parallel to the earth's axis, thus correcting both.

Well, of course it wouldn't be a horizontal dial anymore, but I wouldn't be
that picky.

The single rod gnomon that the balance of the dial hangs from would work nicely
too, thanks
Dave

Edley.