From: "Douglas Bateman" <douglas.bate...@btinternet.com>
Sent: 30 April 2014 17:37
To: "Sundial list" <sundial@uni-koeln.de>
Subject: The GPS zero meridian club

This is a new club consisting, so far, of two members: Frank King and myself.

After the successful British Sundial Society conference, the Sunday morning was
allocated to tours of the Greenwich Observatory. Quite independently, Frank and
I had the intention of location the WGS84 meridian, some 90m east of the
Greenwich brass strip.  Frank had an eTrex tracker and an app on his mobile
phone, and I had an Axxera GPS tracker linked to my iPad.

The images, if the system will let them through, show 0ยบ 0' 0".  Anyone else
willing to join this new exclusive club? Plenty of places to straddle the line
between the north pole and the south pole.

Doug (and Frank)