Pre-Julian…As you probably know, the Romans earlier had a calendar that
started at the Vernal Equinox. …with March 1st.

That’s why September, October, November & December are so-named.

…& so, resetting it wouldn’t be a problem. Just start the year as close as
possible to the Vernal Equinox.

You could do that by the FRC’s method: March 1st would be the day that
contains the Vernal Equinox.  …or better yet, the day that starts closest
to Vernal Equinox.

…the actual astronomical Vernal Equinox.

…or an arithmetical-approximation. Most calendars us an approximation. e.g,
The Gregorian rule was designed to approximate having the Vernal Equinox on
March 21st, because that’s when it was in the Julian Calendar.

You could just say that, the calendar’s first year starts at that year’s
Vernal Equinox.

& that each year starts on the day that starts closest to N days after the
previous one.

…where N is the actual length (including the fraction) of a Vernal Equinox
tropical-year ( the duration between successive Vernal Equinoxes).

That’s if you want to optimize for minimum calendrical-drift-rate of the
Vernal Equinox.

If you want to minimize the average calendrical-drift over all the year’s
days, then use, for N, the length of the Mean Tropical Year. It’s about
365.2422 days, but you could look it up for more accuracy.

Likewise, the length of the Vernal Equinox tropical year can be looked up.

BTW, the tropical year’s length, reckoned at different Solar ecliptic
longitudes, differs due to precession of the equinoxes & the ellipticity of
our orbit.

The tropical year-lengths are all gradually changing, largely because of
precision of the apsides.

Currently, the most nearly constant-length tropical year is the north
solstice tropical year.

I.e.  the summer solstice of the Nortern Hemispher