Steve:

.

You said:

.

[quote]

I'm not surprised that he reacted in his quirky way to an unjustified
comment.

[/quote]

.

Oh really?  Frank was using that same argumentative Internet attack-style,
completely uncalled-for, in his initial post to me, before I’d said
anything to him:

.

I quote:

.

[quote]

Without changing
    ANY detail of the specification of the
    Gregorian Calendar (which you clearly
    want to keep) you follow the precedent
    set by your hero Pope Gregory III

[/quote]

.

So, he was using the argumentative attack-exaggeration that I referred to,
before I’d written anything to him. It was “out of the blue”, unprovoked, &
uncalled-for. Right out of the starting-gate.

.

…& of course then he repeated the same wording, “your hero Pope Gregory
III”.  Evidently he was afraid that he wasn’t heard the first time. I
didn’t say anything the first time, but, with the 2nd time I mentioned it.  Do
you think maybe if he doesn’t want to have it mentioned, then maybe he
doesn’t have to do it with repetition?

.

And yes, I *have* encountered that before. There was something all too
familiar about it.

.

So his unprovoked attack-language is okay, but my mentioning it is not?

.

You said:

.

[quote]