Yes, I can do both.

How are are you getting? I assume you get to the main SGD screen then you click logon and that's when the error happens? What happens if you hit classic webtop, can you log in that way?

Can you open a terminal windows and ensure that the XFILESEARCHPATH exists?

Andreas Höschler wrote:
Hello Craig,

Are you using SGD via Controlled Access Mode? If so, add this to your CAM Script:
Not yet. I am just trying to use a Solaris 10 machine as a client from SGD. Exactly what capabilities must a browser have to work with SGD? Has anybody had success connecting to a SGD server using Firefox or Mozilla on Solaris 10 x86?

Thanks,

 Andreas

XFILESEARCHPATH=/etc/dt/app-defaults/%L/%N:/etc/dt/app-defaults/C/%N:/usr/dt/app-defaults/%L/%N:/usr/dt/app-defaults/C/%N:/usr/openwin/lib/locale/%L/%T/%N%S:/usr/openwin/lib/%T/%N%S

Andreas Höschler wrote:
Hi all,

the question is only slightly sun ray related. I mainly need a solution for this since my sun ray setup is not working good enough right now. I tried mozilla and firefox on Solaris 10 x86 (actually using a Sun Ray) to connect to a Secure Global Desktop server and get

  Failed to install client component!
Sorry, the exact error message is

   Failed to install tarantella client component!

I can access the server from Windows and MacOSX And I have done

cd <firefox directory>/plugins
ln -s /usr/java/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so .

after installing firefox on the Solaris machine. Any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks,

Andreas