Hi list,

We've been reading documentation for SRS 5.4 relative to Failover group
configuration. As per the documentation, when a client tries to discover
possible servers to connect, DNS record for 'sunray-servers' is looked up
and picked one randomly.

If I understood it correctly, on the failover group part, seems that when
one of the servers of the group fails, the sessions are distributed amongst
the remaining servers, but that doesn't mean that the session is
redirected. Instead, the client will have to reconnect and therefore will
fall in any of the remaining servers, as the DNS record will be looked up
again.

So here goes the question: Then what's the benefit of configuring a
failover group? I mean, it's ok that the servers share session information
for the users whose server has fell off, but what's the advantage of this
approach if the session for the user is interrupted and they have to
reconnect?

Any hints will be very helpful!

Thanks!

Regards,