On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 21:03:41 +0100
Edwin Marqe <edwinma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks very much for your response. I will definitely follow your advices,
> they even are requirements for our organization so I have no choice anyway
> :-)
>
> My original mail was motivated more like due to the concept of "session"
> here - In the SRS administration guide the session is defined as a set of
> assigned resources to an user. It's also defined (from the user's point of
> view) as a desktop session. As Bjoern said, once a server loses its
> connectivity, those sessions are lost.
>
> However, I've seen in a bunch of places that stated that even these
> sessions are lost, once the users reconnect, they'll recover the state of
> their desktop session (meaning the same desktop environment, the same
> windows, applications, etc.). So that's what still doesn't fit to me - Most
> of this data is stored in the user's home directory (under .gconf,
> .local... directories). So if by default homes are not replicated, how can
> the SRSS failover group know each user's desktop state?

Of course all the servers in a failover group have to provide the
same home directories (via NFS, usually). This is standard unix practice
and has nothing to do with the SRS software.
So, the home is not replicated. It is simply always the same home.

regards, Meik

--
Meik Hellmund
Mathematisches Institut, Uni Leipzig