Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:
I had that pref bar xml thing in SM 1.1 with pop up, erase mem, cache etc - been using it forever and all of a sudden it is gone!

What gives?

How can it just disappear like that?

Is there some toggle I inadvertently hit?

I don't know if you had it as a toolbar or as a menu. If menu, check Edit, Preferences, Preferences Toolbar, Options, and make sure the first item is selected. If toolbar, look under View, Show/Hide.

DoctorBill

OK...There is a much newer one...4.1.2

I can't remember how to install the old one, however, which I saved to my Hard Disk...worked fine until it disappeared.

from the browser, click on File, Open File

or how to download the newer one to save also....there was a trick to it.

right click and select Save Target Link As [or something to that effect]

Hey! Give me a break - I'm 65 and can't remember where I put my damned glasses!

get checked out for Alzheimer's or dementia

I haven't saved my profile for ages....yes...I know...I should save it every week or so. Too late!

And your point is what? I haven't saved my profile for over a year.

DoctorBill

Holy Molie !  I tried View | Show/Hide and it is toggled by F8 ...!

Thank you, thank you, thank you !

I obviously pressed F8 for some reason and didn't notice the toolbar leaving.

Nice to know.

Now, having seen the newer version.....crap.  Best not mess with it.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  The old version works fine.

You mean that your not one of those folk who backup your SM Profile Files every 10 days or so? I remember now that someone here advocated doing that very thing - often!

Anyway - thanks a bunch !

DoctorBill